Old September 3rd 03, 08:15 PM
Frustrated

Default Need advice on replacing 3dfx card

I can't run anything above DirectX 7 because I can't get updated
drivers. (3dfx is out of business.)

My current card is a 3dfx Voodoo3 3500tv.

I was thinking of replacing it with an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 or the
ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro. (The Pro is double the price of the 9000
and I'm not sure if it is worth that.)

My system is multi-purpose. I do video editing, graphics design,
programming, music composition and gaming.

It's important that the new card will run all my present software and
not introduce any new problems into the system.

I would like to get the same quality graphics, or better, as with the
3dfx card.

My system configuration is:

Gigabyte 71XE motherboad
Athlon 750 chipset