Old October 20th 20, 07:35 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Mark Perkins

Default "Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q3 2020"

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:01:11 -0500, Lynn McGuire
wrote:

"Backblaze Hard Drive Stats Q3 2020"
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/backb...stats-q3-2020/

"As of September 30, 2020, Backblaze had 153,727 spinning hard drives in
our cloud storage ecosystem spread across four data centers. Of that
number, there were 2,780 boot drives and 150,947 data drives. This
review looks at the Q3 2020 and lifetime hard drive failure rates of the
data drive models currently in operation in our data centers and
provides a handful of insights and observations along the way. As
always, we look forward to your comments."

Good night, they just got some 18 TB drives. I just bought a 12 TB and
thought I was bleeding edge. I guess not.

Looks like several 12 TB drives failed early, both HGST (WD) and
Seagate. Scary stuff that.

So far my 12TB Seagates have held up fine. If I lose one, though, that's a
lot of data to lose at one time.