Old February 27th 17, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

Default MS Mouse Replacement

Paul wrote:
Bill wrote:

The few times I've tried wireless mice, I experienced "lag" so I've
stuck with corded mice.
It's been a few years. Are corded mice faster (to an amount
someone could discern?).
Thanks,
Bill

I've never noticed any lag, even when play an FPS game, but then
it's been years since I've used a corded mouse.
Some mice have a "sleep" feature to help extend battery life; I find
that annoying.

Yes, I went and did some "research" after I made my post. The sleep
feature was mentioned. Another concern (to me) would be the
compatibility of the mouse with Linux, or during a new installation
of Windows. I don't think I'm going to give up my cord just yet.

If the nano-receiver of a wireless mouse shows up as a "USB HID",
it should be OS agnostic.

Serial (RS232) mice are different. They even work in Win10. But
on Linux, I think only Puppy would use one. The other distros always use
my USB mouse, and ignore the serial port as a potential serial mouse
source.

Paul

Thank you as always for sharing your knowledge and experience!

Bill