Old June 23rd 11, 10:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB[_2_]

Default Hooking my laptop to a TV--how

On 6/23/2011 3:30 PM, wrote:
wrote:

OK -- I just bought a new Panasonic 50" Plasma HDTV.

I have a laptop but it does not have an HDMI port. It does have a
different port (3 rows, 5 pins each , is that a VGA port?).

Glad you posted this question as I'm wanting to do a
similar thing EXCEPT I have HDMI connections in BOTH
the laptop and HDTV.

So is a 15 foot HDMI cable between the two capable of
handling both audio and video?

And is a cable a better solution overall than doing
this wireless somehow?

Thanks. I learned something. Not a big deal anyway -- using the TV as a
monitor was an afterthought!

Appreciate the input.

Mel