Old June 23rd 11, 05:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB[_2_]

Default Hooking my laptop to a TV--how

OK -- I just bought a new Panasonic 50" Plasma HDTV.

I have a laptop but it does not have an HDMI port. It does have a
different port (3 rows, 5 pins each , is that a VGA port?).

The TV does have some HDMI ports as well as a USB port and I guess the
composite ports (red-yellow-green). Is there a cable I can buy that will
allow me to use this TV as a monitor with my laptop? If so, would it be
a VGA/composite or VGA/USB or what? I would like to sit about 13' in
front of the TV so obviously I'd need a long cable (say a 15' cable).
Would such a long cable diminish the quality of the output?

Mel