Old May 11th 04, 02:50 PM
Raju

"Si" wrote in message
Hey Kris,

That is weird because exactly the same thing happened to me. This is my
second board after the first one just.......well died. Anyway, I've

ordered
a Zalman ZM-NB47J passive heatsink to replace that little screaming fan. I
think I'll also get Gigabyte to send me a replacement fan and heatsink

just
in case I don't like this new one.

Cheers.

Si

"Kris Vorwerk" wrote in message
om...
The Northbridge fan on my 8KNXP rev 1.0 board also seems to grind away
on boot. (My first 8KNXP mobo died a mysterious death after 8 months
-- its fan made the same grinding sound. The RMA replacement's fan
also seems to exhibit the same grinding. I should point out that I do
not believe that the failure of my first board was in any way related
to the Northbridge fan.) I haven't been too concerned about the
grinding sound, as the fan appears to work fine once running. For
now, I've just decided to keep an eye on it, and will contact Gigabyte
if it ever fails.

Regards,
Kris

I'm about to move everything to a new case so I was going to remove

the
mobo
anyway. I did in fact get a response from Gigabyte today in which they
offered to send me a new fan but they said it might take a while

because
stocks are limited. Does that mean they've had a shed load of requests

for
new ones? Hmmm.......sounds dodgy to me : )

my GA7 DXR had the same grinding noise, so i opened my case and checked it
out... found it to be the fan, but as it was still runnin, i left it alone.
few weeks later it stopped grinding, so i thought great something was in teh
bearings and has fallen out so no more grinding... checked it a few days
later, and no movement... ended up replacing it with new heatsink+fan
(coolermaster slc-s41) and not even gonna bother with gettin any help from
gigabyte, still got problems with my Ga7 VRXP randomly rebooting and 0 help
from them!