Old May 9th 04, 10:05 AM
Boudewijn

Hello
Remove the whole fan as I've done. It is not really needed at all.
If you are still worried, replace the heatsink with a passive one from
Zalman which provides better colling than de original fan/heatsink
combination anyway and is quiet!
Good luck,
Boudewijn

"Si" wrote in message
The Northbridge fan on my mobo has started making a kind of grinding sound
during the boot process. After windows has loaded it goes back to the

normal
noise it's supposed to make. Initally I thought the noise was coming from
one of my hard drives as it sounded like when the bearings go and even

went
as far as buying a new one! Anyway, this mobo is only a couple of months

old
and I was wondering if this is an easy thing to fix or should I take it

back
to the shop?

Cheers.

Si