Old September 15th 03, 02:55 AM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking and Harassment should you require additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.comp.periphs.cdr,a lt.cd-rom
Subject: Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:51:39 GMT
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:398410 alt.cd-rom:164582

"smh" wrote in message
Roxio, What a Joke (FRAUD) - "0.9x" DAE Speed Bug Returns

cRoxio, what's the excuse now? Was it Microsoft, El Nino or God?

From: smh
Subject: TEAC W552E EZCD6
Date: 5/4/03

Are there any reported issues with the above ?
I'm having bad audio extraction rates (i.e. x1) reported.

Don't tell me the infamous "0.9x" DAE Speed bug returned!

============================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)
============================

Easy Coaster Creator 4.0 was released with the following bug:

Major bugs fixed in 4.02 (in 3/00, 7 months after its release):

System Tests for Digital Audio Extraction. Copying audio tracks

from
CD to hard disk or CD-R gave much slower results in version 4

than
version 3.x for some CD-ROM drives, so with some systems it was
impossible to copy audio tracks directly from CD to CD-R.

[ In plain language, the System Tests gives "0.9x" as the DAE

speed
of most, if not all, CD drives. (Acraptec tacitly acknowledged
that ALL IDE CD drives were affected by the bug.) ]

The reason why Ezcd 4.0 was released with such a bug is this:
=======================
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Subject: Acraptec Gibberish 101 and === More LIES ===
Date: 4/7/00

The DAE issue did not show up until after shipping of 4.00.
During beta testing all the testers reported DAE speeds in 4.00
similar to what they got in 3.5c.
======================

Mikey Richter's weasel excuses why beta test did not find the bug

======================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: ****ty Beta Testing at Roxio-Adaptec
Date: 4/6/02

What is the point of beta testing at all
if you do not use representative sample of burners in use.

Not all beta testers use Plextors or SCSI, but while I was

testing
for them, many of us did.
======================

Beta testers did not find the bug because "many" of them used Plextors
OR scsi!!!

How could beta testers not detect the bug when even Plextor AND scsi

had
the bug?

=======================
From: handercrander
Subject: Problems with Easy CD_COPIER 4.0 at 8x
Date: 9/22/99

I have a plextor plexwriter 8/2/20 cd-writer, and
a ultraplex 40max [SCSI] cdrom

With easy cd copier 3.5c I had no problems to copy at 8x speed,
but with the new version it "forces" to copy to the harddisk
first. The same happens at 6x.
I can only copy on the fly at 4x !!!

Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!