Old January 23rd 19, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
MaxTheFast

Default What B450 MB for ryzen 2200g + 2x4GB kingston hiperx predator?

I've just bought the MSI B450-A PRO because its price went down again within my budget, I just hope this will be a good purchase for my configuration and will keep good for the longest period, I mean reliability.
This is a hi-res pic of the MB's upper side (about 10MB):
https://images.anandtech.com/doci/13...0-a_pro-2d.png

I've found the following pages on this msi's phases management:
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/communit...e-1155146.html
https://nl.hardware.info/reviews/854...et-hoe-zit-het
where we can read this:
PWM-controller: Richtek RT8894A (4+2)
echte Phasen (real phases): 4
highside MOSFET: 2x 4C029N
lowside MOSFET: 2x 4C024N
The 2nd linked page shows a comparative table between this MSI, ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 and Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro but it's arab for me so I just hope I've got a "peer-to-other" MBs if it's not the best one among the ones I've pointed to.
What can you say about those data about phases?

Yeah I knew and "studied" the "VGA matter" about some cfg. AMD cpu + MBs. Here're some useful informations:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=312357.0
especially:
"My understanding is that on the newer 400 series chipsets, you should be able to use either the HDMI, VGA, or DVI-D port(s).
There's an issue on the older 300 series chipsets when using a Athlon 200GE whereby you may not be able to use the VGA due to how the pinout's have changed on the CPU (AMD's fault there....) and how it's supported.
So....with that being said, the 400 series chipsets shouldn't be a problem support wise. As long as the BIOS is up to date, it should work."
This is a real problem for me because I'd like to build this new PC using an old VGA 1440x900 @60Hz Acer monitor and I've NO monitor carrying on HDMI port! As far as I could understand I'll manage the VGA connection between MSI's MB and Acer by the standard VGA cable only if the MSI will came with a newer bios out of the box. If not I'll have to use a HDMI-VGA active converter as you suggested. I think a HDMI-VGA converter would be the best choice for this situation because I couldn't find any problem about HDMI output around the web while lots of troubles about VGA, DP, DVI-D outputs on those configurations. Due to that I've already bought this converter:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GJO6HPW
So my strategy is: if VGA doesn't work out of the box I'll use HDMI port + converter.
There's only a last matter I couldn't find any answer about: what kind of HDMI signal output will came out from the MSI out of the box? My concern is the msi will "shot" HDMI output at its max values:
"HDMI 1.4 port, supports a maximum resolution of 4096x2160 @30Hz, 2560x1600 @60Hz"
In the case there's the converter I'm afraid it will convert the HDMI max output to VGA values that are too high to be displayed on the Acer monitor and I'll get black screen. In this case I'll run for mayor of "ass ville" (as you said) and I'll have to sell the Acer and buy a used HDMI monitor because my budget is null for now.
Is what I said correct or did I make mistakes in my "studies" and solution strategies? Can you possibly suggest other solutions about that?