Old June 4th 04, 04:00 PM
JH

I've done hotflashes on bioses before, but the only other board I have
available is an Abit with a KT-333 chipset and not a KT-400. Think the
KT-333 BIOS would work to get the board to POST and let me hotflash
the BIOS?

"Blaedmon" wrote in message ...
badflash.com rules. but if you want to try hotflashing yourself, I suggust
you google that term. Ive done it, its very easy and quick - providing you
have another similar-chipset mobo handy. If not, you can also make yourself
a bootdisk with its own autoexec.bat which auto-runs the default or upgraded
bios file on the same disk, then remove the offending machines videocard and
boot. Sensing no card, the machine should check the floppy and de-lobotomise
itself with some luck

"JH" wrote in message
om...
Tried updating my A7V8X-X BIOS to 1010 the other day. Flash failed
when it was trying to verify the new BIOS, and now all I get is a
rapid "clicking" noise through the speaker when I turn the system on.
No POST.

Wondering if anyone has an idea of how I might be able to recover this
thing. I'm assuming that since I'm getting the noise through the
speaker, that the BIOS isn't totally hosed. I just want to find out
what I can try to get the thing going again, or if I should just screw
it and get a new BIOS from badflash.com.

I tried contacting ASUS, but apparently they take forever to answer
inquiries.

Thanks.