Old November 22nd 03, 03:14 AM
Slash

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:14:38 +0100, Stephan Grossklass
scribbled:

Michel Sandrat schrieb:

Hi everybody,

I have some problem to install a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 (eom) on a P3BF rev
1.04.

Windows 2000 see the new device at startup, but when I launch the installer
of the driver (download on Creative Lab of course) he say that I have NO
Soundblaster (I swear I have one...).

Any ideas ???

Which PCI slot is the card in, and what does that share a PCI INT with
(routing table in the manual)? Creative cards can be picky there.

Stephan

It's also possible that the original software install CD is required -
Creative is extremely picky about this, only allowing updates to be
made available from their website. Which require the original
software/drivers be installed, of course. I'm sure they'd let you
purchase a CD from them, but an easier way might be to find someone
with an SB Live! 5.1 CD and borrow it.

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"