Old January 19th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

Default Blue screen playing games

"derk" wrote in message
I have the same problem with the same error message. I recently bought
and installed an MSI 975X Platinum motherboard. Everything seemed to
work fine EXCEPT when I played games, like Doom and 1-10 minutes into
the game I got the blue screen. This also happens when I play videos,
DVDs' online or with a disk. Oddly it also started to happen when I
used Skype during computer to computer calls.

I contacted MWAVE where I purchased all the parts for the computer.
They told me I should start looking at either the memory or video
card. So I bought another video card, same problem. I also bought
better memory and it still happens so im lost. Can it be the
motherboard?

So you're NOT alone, there are others having this same problem.

Could be heat related. Games and video can be quite demanding on a system,
so perhaps the processor or graphics chips are getting too hot. Open the
case and clean the heatsinks everywhere and try the task with the side off
the case - see if it helps. If its OK, then you've found your problem.