Old January 17th 07, 07:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default Blue screen playing games

kony wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:43:35 -0000, lid (derk)
wrote:

I have the same problem with the same error message. I recently
bought and installed an MSI 975X Platinum motherboard. Everything
seemed to work fine EXCEPT when I played games, like Doom and 1-10
minutes into the game I got the blue screen. This also happens when
I play videos, DVDs' online or with a disk. Oddly it also started to
happen when I used Skype during computer to computer calls.

I contacted MWAVE where I purchased all the parts for the computer.
They told me I should start looking at either the memory or video
card. So I bought another video card, same problem. I also bought
better memory and it still happens so im lost. Can it be the
motherboard?

So you're NOT alone, there are others having this same problem.

Seems like a driver or application problem, the primary
suspects being video or sound drivers, or Skype. Since the
problem seems to have started with introduction of Skype,

He didnt say that. His use of the word ALSO is significant.

the first step in troubleshooting is to seek fixes for Skype
or at least completely purge it from your system then check
whether the problem went away. If it is running in the
background continually, first try just closing it.