Old September 21st 04, 03:31 PM
GLYTCH

Vinicio Ascone wrote:
Hi all, I'm not really into agp specs and I need some help.

I've got a Ti4280(128mb - 8x) card, ok?
It is true that the games run slower if I set the card at 8x than 4x?
why is that?

Now about the AGP aperture size, I hear it's good set it at half of
current system memory. I have 768mb, so I put it at 512mb (rather
than 256mb). What's the best setting? and why?

Think only for gaming, ok? games, games and more games!

Thanks,
Vinicio

Leave the AGP setting at the highest available. The speed difference between
4x and 8x is negligable when actually playing games, but 8x is slightly
faster. You will see your benchmarking programs get higher results for
bandwidth etc with 8x than 4x.

As for arpeture size. Set it to the same amout as the amount of memory on
your card, UNLESS this value is greater than 1/4 of your RAM, in which case
set it to 1/4 of your RAM. Thats the rule ive know, how much difference it
makes these days with cards with 256meg of onboard memory i dont know.

I have a Ti4200 (128MB 8x AGP) and 1GB of dual channel DDR400, i set my
arpeture to 128.

Matt

--
The poster previously known as PYRO-Maniak
Gamertag: GLY7CH