Old November 28th 20, 08:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Printer which can copy driver's license on one side and carregistration card on another

On 11/22/2020 7:08 PM, Paul wrote:
s wrote:

A friend of mine is a small hotel owner in Florida and wants a printer
which can copy driver's license on one side and car registration card
on another and use only the required paper instead of 8.5 X 11 size
paper. His business is down because of the pandemic
so he is trying to save on paper, printer ink costs. For legal
reasons, he has to make a paper copy of a customer's driving license
and car registration card when a customer checks-in to his hotel.

I searched and did not see any printer model used by hoteliers

Is there any printer for such custom needs?

The function exists, but generally there is no interest in
reducing the size of media wasted. I can find all sorts of
single-sided examples to 8.5x11. This one happens to be double sided,
but the paper is set to 8.5x11, and I don't know if
the device would do a copy, if a smaller size of media was
placed in the paper tray. Most devices are smart enough to
notice the paper is the wrong size. You also have to consider
the size of the file cabinet these will be placed in, and
whether the other paperwork for the client is already
8.5x11.

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqe...aq00003017_001

Not all source material copies with equal ease.
Car registrations may contain anti-copy measures.
This may place a moire pattern in the output print.

A business card copier, the area scanned may be too
small to cover the registration well. The drivers
license card might scan OK.

Â*Â* Paul

Thanks Paul,

This is very helpful. I appreciate it.