Old March 17th 17, 03:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default Too funny

On 03/17/2017 07:21 AM, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 14/03/17 17:02, philo wrote:
A friend called me and told me his wireless mouse was not working.

First thing I did was ask him if he changed the battery. He said he was
sure the battery was good and even though I knew that was the problem...
he insisted on bringing it over for me to check.

What the heck, I'm having a slow day today.

When he got here, the mouse worked for a few minutes, then quit...so I
told him I'd would replace the battery and try again.

He took a spare battery out of his pocket and said, "brought one with me
, just in case."

After examining the mouse I could not even figure how it opened, so he
replaced the battery himself and it worked fine.

(The old one measured 0.9v , surprised it worked even for a few minutes.)

The "New" battery probably came from his cupboard box of random bulbs
and batteries, a stock of "I am not too sure if these work or not".

He'll be back in a week. Fit a real new battery, then ;-)

It was a new battery. The worst part ... he once worked as an engineer.

I think he was just lonely because his wife was out of town.

For years he has had me take care of trivial problems and he always pays
me. He owned a jewelry and import store, so as payment, he would just
let my wife pick out a ring or some earrings.

As to batteries I am such a cheapskate I re-use the old ones.

Some devices take more current that others, so if I have some that are
down to 1.3v or so I use them in one of my clocks and get at least
another year of use.