Old October 16th 04, 03:26 PM
kony

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:27:30 +0100, "Christo"
wrote:

there is a version of the NF7 called nf7 v2.0 (i am not at all referring to
nf7-s in anyway) i just would like to know if there is any way of
identifying if my nf7 is infact a 2.0 or not, mainly because the 2.0
supports fsb of 400 mhz and the other only supports 333

There should be a version number on a label perpendicular
to the PCI slots.

Note that it's possible Abit put the newer northbridge on
some of the latter sub-2.0 revision boards too. The newer
northbridge capable of higher (officially 200MHz or more
FSB) is solid dk. grey epoxy on top while the older
northbridge has the round metal heat-spreader in the middle.
Even with the ones having metal spreader, later revisions
may be capable of higher frequency. There is a number on it
that denotes stepping, "A1", "A2", etc, with higher numbers
being newer.

There are also a lot of pictures found through the following
link but I dont' know how current they are.
http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html