Old August 6th 03, 08:40 AM
Mario Kadastik

J.Clarke wrote:
On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:49:37 -0400
"" wrote:

It seems that Europe has a little bit more choices for SatTV than US,
whatabout around 100 different sattelites to hook on. DireectTV and
DishNet on the other side in US.. Hahahh

Those are the commercial digital direct broadcase satellite companies.
If you want to use a big dish instead of a little one then there are far
more satellites accessible and no charge.

Now, with those "100 different satellites" do you get 100,000 different
channels or the same 500 or so repeated 100 times? If the latter then
what's the benefit?

Well they overlap somewhat (say 10% or so) so you get a lot more
channels. I have currently 3 satellite dishes and about 1450 channels. I
can't see all of them ofcourse as some are encrypted with software I
can't decode, but the list is quite comprehensive so I practically don't
watch local channels for anything but local news.

Mario