Old January 14th 13, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.os.linux.hardware
Aragorn[_2_]

Default Black parts on screens after switching my Debian stable's Kernels v2.6.32 to v3.2.0.

On Monday 14 January 2013 05:03, Ant conveyed the following to
comp.os.linux.hardware...

Hi!

I get a black screen (no Earth!) in Google Earth. Also, I see black
form boxes in Debian's login manager after using its Gnome v2.30.2/KDE
v4.4.5 and logging out. Compiz-Fusion (fusion-icon &) seems to work
fine. I tried without it and still have the same symptoms.

I have to restart X to fix the login's black form boxes as a
workaround.
http://pastie.org/5610800 for my Xorg.0.log when starting X,
:running GE, and logging off Gnome. I am using the latest stable
versions and the backports through apt-get commands.

Thank you in advance.

1) Are you running the proprietary video drivers or are you using the
FLOSS drivers - i.e. nouveau, radeon, intel?

2) If you are using the proprietary drivers - i.e. nvidia, fglrx - have
you updated them too?

--
= Aragorn =
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)