Old August 21st 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Nut Cracker

Default IDE drives on an ML350

you will probably have to drop in an IDE ATA133 card to use that drive. the
onboard IDE controller on those servers (natively SCSI based) are really
only there for CDROM/DVD support, and nothing esle.

- LC

--

"Trojan Hussar" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a G1 ML350 happily running Ubuntu 7.04 Server, now I recently
noticed during a RAM upgrade that this has a secondary IDE channel
available as well as a cradle for a 3.5" drive in the top 5.25" drive
bay and was wondering what the largest drive this machine would be
capable of detecting (considering its age).

I don't want to boot from it, as I already have a perfectly working
RAID5 array running on a 431 controller, but a large IDE drive would
be a real boon for network storage, albeit non-RAID protected.

I have a 320Gb Hitachi Deskstar sitting here, as well as a PCI SATA/
PATA card on order just in case the onboard BIOS cannot cope with the
full capacity.

Regards,
TH.