Old August 21st 07, 01:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Trojan Hussar

Default IDE drives on an ML350

I have a G1 ML350 happily running Ubuntu 7.04 Server, now I recently
noticed during a RAM upgrade that this has a secondary IDE channel
available as well as a cradle for a 3.5" drive in the top 5.25" drive
bay and was wondering what the largest drive this machine would be
capable of detecting (considering its age).

I don't want to boot from it, as I already have a perfectly working
RAID5 array running on a 431 controller, but a large IDE drive would
be a real boon for network storage, albeit non-RAID protected.

I have a 320Gb Hitachi Deskstar sitting here, as well as a PCI SATA/
PATA card on order just in case the onboard BIOS cannot cope with the
full capacity.

Regards,
TH.