Old June 21st 07, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default Video card blocking pci slots.

"Kevin Weaver" wrote in message
et...
My new 8800 GTS Is huge. It's blocking one of my pci slots. With 3 total
on the MB And one being used, I have just one left which I'm going to use
shortly.

....which just means you'll have both usable PCI slots filled, but not
running short, correct? Do you anticipate having all 3 PCI slots filled?

I take it if I were to remove the fan and use some heat sink-fan combo the
warranty will be void. Am I correct ?

Technically yes. Some board vendors (BFGTech, I heard, among others) go as
far as putting a tamper-evident sticker on the back of the card, covering
one of the heatsink mounting screws.

The size is way over kill.

Bigger heat sink and bigger fan usually translates to lower noise at the
same cooling capacity.

Any help with this problem ?

The video card is not a peripheral. It is often the most expensive item in
the PC and draws the most power. It also makes the biggest difference in
visual quality. Design your rig around it.