Old February 1st 07, 09:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Stuck in Infernal Demo.

Well I just finished the demo.

It reminds me a little bit of Tomb Raider which I didn't like because I dont
like jumping and climing in shooters in general... but this game wasn't to
bad.... only a little bit of climbing and jumping.

What was annoying is falling down only a few meters and you get killed.

Also "emergency" switching between weapons while reloading a gun is not
possible.

So while the enemy is shooting at you and the guy is reloading it's machine
gun you have to wait until it s done reloading that's bad !

In Battlefield 2 I would simply "emergency" switch to my pistol and finish
the ******* off =D

Also the rest of the movement is a bit sticky for the same reason.

For example after teleporting an object and having your hands in "light
mode" you can't "suck" the corpses for blood and health...

So then you have to switch off the hand light/teleportion mode and then
switch to "suck em" mode. Which kinda delays the game.

Also simply things like climbing over a fence or blowing up a fence with
granades is not possible.

Also shooting the metal bridge which fall down and was hanging on metal
chains is possible with a pistol...

I actually managed to get the bridge back up but it was diagonal so that was
not much use... though the point is it felt a bit unrealistic physics-wise.

Also an explosion did not do much to the bridge... while surely an explosion
is more powerfull than a bullit from a pistol ?

Also pressing right mouse button suddenely increases fire power of the
weapon.. like a special weapon/fire ability... but it takes way too long to
fire..

One has to hold the button to active it..

The whole "hold button theme" in this game kinda sucks... just pressing the
button should be enough to use special ability or fire special ability.

Besides from that it was still a pretty cool game, a typical eidos game
control-wise though kinda like hitmen but a bit worse I guess and way
more beautifull ofcourse.

Bye,
Skybuck.