Old June 14th 06, 04:13 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default RSX = 7800 Rumor Debunked!

Zackman hasath spokeneth theseth wordeths ofeth wisethdometh:

Blig Merk spake thusly:

Hmmm, let's see. I can listen to Nvidia, who is a GPU designer and
manufacturer, or I could listen to psycho-schizo fuzz-nut Cyg-anus

So in other words: Microsoft, as manufacturer of the Xbox 360, is a
more trusted source of information on the console than some bat****
Usenet loser named Bligmerk? Thanks for clearing that up.

-Z-

Ha, MS tells more lies than I can count. While Sony may not be Miss
Goody Two Shoes aleast they didn't flat out lie about the PS2 like MS
lied about the Xbox.

MS: Xbox has a 350Mhz graphics chip

No, it was 233Mhz.

MS: The GPU of the Xbox can do 125M polygons.

No, it was 116 and they were vertices not polygons. That means about
39M polygons which was only half of what PS2 could do.

MS: Our games will look like this- *insert pic of Raven demo*

No, the Raven demo was never achieved in any game for Xbox

MS: For the first time you will see toy story like graphics.

No, we never did.

MS: Our new console is 3x more powerful than the leading console.

Yes/No? Yes, it was atleast 3x more powerful than the PSX, and No it
was not 3X more powerful than the PS2.

Sony: For the first time you will see toy story quality animation.

Yes, this was achieved through procedural rendering with Jak and Daxter2

Sony: The PS2's GS can do 75 M polygons.

Yes, the GS could rasterize 75M and the EE could do 66M. This gave the
GS a 75M setup rate so it could never be feed too many polys by the EE.

Sony: Our games will look like this- *insert any PS2 demo*

Yes, some games easily surpassed every single tech demo made by the PS2.
Silent Hill 3 Old Man Demo
Tekken 5 Tekken Demo
MGS2 MGS2 demo
FFX FF demo