Old June 14th 06, 03:55 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default RSX = 7800 Rumor Debunked!

Blig Merk hasath spokeneth theseth wordeths ofeth wisethdometh:

Hmmm, let's see. I can listen to Nvidia, who is a GPU designer and
manufacturer, or I could listen to psycho-schizo fuzz-nut Cyg-anus
that has about 20 different aliases, uses forum posts as references,
often posting in one forum under one alias then quoting that forum
post in another forum or newsgroup as being some kind of reference,
that doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground but fancies
himself to be some kind of graphics groupie, and can't make up his
mind if he is NV55 one day or Radeon the next day, and seems to spend
day after day, all day long doing this. Hmmm, not a hard choice at
all. I will listen to Nvidia, not you, you ****ing ignorant piece of
****.

The many psycho-schizo split personalities of Cyg-anus:

CygnusX-1
video-game dude
Air Raid
airraid1
Air Raid Mach 2.5
multi-core
Radeon
Radeon350
NV50
NV55
R420
R500
R520
Xenon
MS Will Destroy Sony Computer Entertainment

and probably half a dozen others

Wow, he has surpassed me.
But I mainly change names cause people like Swami stalk me

Cyg-anus as just one of many split personalities Air Raid drooled:
Blig Merk wrote:
Not Swami wrote:
http://tinyurl.co.uk/sbsg

"This has been officially debunked. Someone posted a scan of
the real article. It says that the RSX has many similarities to
the G70 (or whatever their new card is), but it's much faster
than the G70."

Posted by a mod/operator of teamxbox.com of all places.

The thing is, if this was debunked months ago then why do the
Xflops keep harping on it?

All the xflop fanbitches have are their self-made and
self-propagated lies to keep them from slitting their wrists out
of desperation, that is why. This is straight from Nvidia about
the new dual-GPU 7950 GX2, which implies the RSX is more like it,
although not exactly:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50939.html

Nvidia Beefs Up Highest-End Video Cards

"Although the new 7950 may be using some of the same technology
that powers the Nvidia graphics of Sony's next-generation gaming
console PlayStation 3, the new high-end desktop graphics card is
not the same technology as the PS3 graphics silicon, according to
Burke.

"This is a desktop GPU part, it's not part of what we're working
on with Sony on PS3," he said.

In addition to the twin GPUs running on one card, the 7950 GX2
also features 48 pixel pipes, 16 vertical shaders, more bandwidth
and memory, and DVI support for widescreen flat panel displays and
resolution as great as 2,560 x 1,600."

http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q2...2/7950-gx2.jpg

THAT SAYS NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE RSX IN PLAYSTATION3,
you DUMB TROL.

the 48 pixel pipes in the 7950 are the pixel shader units, not
pixel pipelines.

the 7950 configuration has:
16 vertex shader units
48 pixel shader units
32 pixel pipelines (rops)

double everything from a G70 or G71

but this says ZIP about the RSX.

RSX most likely has:
6 vertex shaders (instead of 8)
12 to 20 pixel shaders (instead of 24)
confirmed 8 pixel pipelines/rops (instead of 16)
confirmed 128-bit bus (instead of 256-bit bus)

this puts RSX closer to the budget GPU: G73, aka GeForce 7600 GT

to be clear, RSX is not EXACTLY a G73 - GeForce 7600 GT. the RSX
is something between a 7600 GT and 7800 GTX, but NOT as powerful as
the 7800 GTX.