Old June 6th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default password protect a RAID bios

orsobubu wrote:
I think it's dangerous that anyone can sit in front of a server
without any permission and he can access the RAID bios during
the boot process, then delete array, initialize disks or format
all the system because of the absence of a password protection...
Does it exist any solution? Can I use a not-bootable array?
What does mean this phrase I found in groups?

Yes, keep your servers in a physically secure location! Server rooms
tend to at least be locked to keep out unauthorised personnel, ideally
with CCTV of some sort and an alarm system.

Alex