Old June 6th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default password protect a RAID bios

On 6 Jun 2006 04:24:59 -0700, "orsobubu"
wrote:

I think it's dangerous that anyone can sit in front of a server
without any permission and he can access the RAID bios during
the boot process, then delete array, initialize disks or format
all the system because of the absence of a password protection...
Does it exist any solution? Can I use a not-bootable array?
What does mean this phrase I found in groups?

"hang the optical drives off it and put the hdd's on the main
controller.
Then password protect the main bios. Problem solved"

You either trust your employees not to touch it or you
don't. Since it seems you don't trust them, it would not be
enough to only password protect the RAID arrays, you need to
prevent physical access to the system entirely.