Old April 19th 06, 02:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800 video card as an HTPC...?

"MR Cole" Natt King Cole wrote in message

I thought all 7800gts were VIVO. No sure what is used for videoin.
Composite ??

Anyways i use my 6600Gt in a HTPC machine and i can play HD 720p and
1080i on my TV. Its conected via component ]

Also play HD Tv and can record HD Tv via the HD Tv card in my HTPC :0

If it says VIVO on the box is that not Video In Video Out ?

Oh well most people know better than me in most things. Any more
questiosn il try to help.

Bye.

If it says VIVO on the box, you're right. That's video-in, video-out. Not
all 7800 GTs will be VIVO. As well, no 7800GTs are AGP cards, they're all
PCI Express. (Currently anyway, there's rumors of AGP versions coming soon.)
The OP needs an AGP VIVO card. VIVO cards require additional chips and such
on the cards themselves. They don't just slap them onto every one. VIVO
cards are usually a bit more expensive than the non-VIVO counterparts
because of the extra hardware needed.

RF.