Old August 3rd 05, 12:24 PM
Shane

I'm using the same card with AOpen's AX63 Pro motherboard with users VIA's
693A(Northbridge-chipset) and the (Southbridge-596B chipset) it's official
name is
VIA Apollo PRO133 series and this motherboard is old it's AGP controller
version is 1.00 which supports AGP speeds of 1x, 2x and I'm running in 2x
speed. This board is so old it has 1-AGP Slot, 5-PCI Slot's and 2-ISA Slots
and my CPU is Intel's Pentium IIIE 650 which is overclocked to 780Mhz and
it's stable.
Three PCI slot's are in use with the SBLive soundcard,
3Com 3C905C-TX network card, and I'm also running a TV Tuner card(V-Gear's
MyTV 2).
I have 512MB of ram and my GeForce FX5200(ST Labs) has 128MB DDRAM and it
supports AGP 2x, 4x and 8x speeds, since my motherboard only supports AGP 2x
that's the max speed for me until I buy a new motherboard. Overall this
board is very stable using it's default settings and also in overclocking
mode but of course you have to know what you are doing when overclocking.
So in answer to your question is yes but consider the following factors: The
OS, GPU and motherboard chipset. If the motherboard is using a VIA chipset
then install the latest VIA's 4in1 chipset drivers.

Regards,
Shane Hempseed

"/mel/" wrote in message
Nvidia site unhelpful and mentions only AGP 8x - can anyone here tell me
if this card is backwards compatible with earlier AGP revisions - I've a
friend whose old machine just failed and she's replaced the video card
with the FX5200. It doesn't work (at all), but I don't know if there's a
fault elsewhere or if the AGP spec of the motherboard is too old for the
video card. Gah, dontcha love remote diagnosis?

--

/mel/

np: silence