Old August 3rd 05, 04:15 AM
Phil Weldon

'/mel/' wrote:
| Nvidia site unhelpful and mentions only AGP 8x - can anyone here tell me
if
| this card is backwards compatible with earlier AGP revisions - I've a
friend
| whose old machine just failed and she's replaced the video card with the
| FX5200. It doesn't work (at all)...

Remote diagnosis is pretty tedious is a lot like denistry. Getting
sufficient information about the problem is like pulling teeth.

What does 'It doesn't work (at all)' mean?
Motherboard make and model?
Why did system fail?
Why was the display adapter replaced?

Add additional information; you are sure to forget something important, and
drag out the process.

The FX5200 display adapter will ceratinly work in an AGP X4 slot/

Be precise if you want a helpful answer.

Phil Weldon

"/mel/" wrote in message
Nvidia site unhelpful and mentions only AGP 8x - can anyone here tell me
if this card is backwards compatible with earlier AGP revisions - I've a
friend whose old machine just failed and she's replaced the video card
with the FX5200. It doesn't work (at all), but I don't know if there's a
fault elsewhere or if the AGP spec of the motherboard is too old for the
video card. Gah, dontcha love remote diagnosis?

--

/mel/

np: silence