Old September 8th 03, 07:38 PM
TomG

oh, trust me. I am more than familiar with the story. I wonder, though, if
it is only the Taiwan caps, why are Sony TV's affected? maybe those are
made in foreign locations or with foreign (to Japan) components

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 115,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

"Cyber Chum" wrote in message
On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:45:54 -0400, "TomG"
wrote:

the bad caps are affecting everything from TV's and VCR's to power

supplies
and motherboards. I even heard about them in microwaves!

Only the capacitors made in Taiwan though and not ones from Japan.
Look up the story as to why there are bad capacitors on the market.
Some dickhead was up to no good and got burned by it.