Old September 8th 03, 06:04 PM
Mangyrat

homie will do video cards. here is his new page link

http://www.motherboardrepair.com/ind...?sec=videocard

--
If life is a bitch then live it like she is drunk and naked.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Khayman" wrote in message
This is the second time it happens to me - crappy capacitators causing big
holes in my wallet...

Yesterday, me and my she was looking at "Gone in 60 Seconds" when all of a
sudden the film disappears - and my she notices a wierd smell coming from
the computer...
Taking it out I notice that one of the caps have "popped" - that what you
get for buying cheap graphic cards I suppose...
For once I kept the receipt (company money) - and guess when I bought the
godforsaken card? August 26, 2002.
One year warranty - two weeks overtime... Would the shop replace the card
for good PR? No fscking way.

New Geforce4Ti4200 in hand and I notice that Daytona apparently changed
manufacturer of the capacitators - from unknown, ungoogable "Canicon" to
"Rubycon"..
I wonder why....

So, if you happen to have some card/device/whatever which
is about to go out of warranty, check those capacitators!!
I've heard rumors that if you give a faulty cap a little bit too much

power,
they'll pop like a small firecracker - could be good to know...

(Last year it was a MSI motherboard that went "pop"... (pictures at my
http://mypostingip/mainboard.html))

Khay.