Old July 5th 03, 11:36 PM
Egil Solberg

"Jef" wrote in message
AGP Pro cards are mainly professional videocards that need more power.

They
get that extra power from the AGP Pro slotīs extra connectors.
Speed has nothing to do with this.

I am curious what is then the difference between nonpro cards and pro

cards.
The speed is the same, so why do they need extra power? Do they just turn

it
into extra heat or do those pro cards have other advantages.
This may sound sarcastic but it is not, I am really curious for I don't

know
what the difference is between the cards that are used for gaming and
professional cards.

http://www.3dlabs.com/product/wildcatvp/vppro/index.htm

Thatīs an example of an AGP Pro card. Its power requirements are bigger than
usual AGP spec.
Note that current ATI cards also exceed the AGP spec, therefore they are
equipped with the extra floppy power connector. As not every mobo has AGP
Pro slot itīs necessary for ATI to do this.
I guess the solution with the extra floppy power connector can deliver even
more power, so maybe thatīs the reason AGP Pro isnīt used more than it
currently is.
I donīt know more than this.