Old November 8th 03, 09:51 PM
Shawk

"Rockin Ronnie" wrote in message
Over a month ago my son tried to install a demo which I believe was as
OpenGL demo game. Since then, and I was using current Cats at the time, I
have lost OpenGL. Every OpenGL game I have, now gives the same error

"cannot
open OpenGL subsystem" or something to that effect. Or, the game just
doesn't start.

I am now using 3.8s. It and no version in the past month or so have

worked.
I have tried all the so-called "fixes" (editing win.ini, replacing the
opengl32.dll file etc.) in the OpenGL forums but nothing works.

So, am now faced with the prospect of reinstalling WinXP since, I believe,

fresh reinstall would correct the possible Windows system files that have
somehow become corrupted.

However, could I repair the Windows XP installation using Recovery Console
and would this avoid having to reinstall everything?

Unless anyone out there has any ideas?

Ron

You could also do a repair installation of XP by running that option from
the XP CD.

If you do use recovery console it takes you back to the PC state at which
the recovery point was made. Any changes you have made since would be lost.
HTH. Shawk.