Old April 10th 04, 12:48 AM
Amit L.

Default PROMPT Configuration Adcive Needed - Please Help...

Hi to all,

I need your propt help in order to get to a quick decision regarding two
offers for a desktop PC configuration I have got. The offers are to expire
in a few days.
Both configurations are basically the same, with some marked differences to
follow. The price is the same as long as I get the decision quickly.

My most important requirements from a PC a
- High Hardware Reliability and good Software compatibility with windows XP
Pro (and linux to a lesser extent - I don't know what I'll install 2 years
for now)
- They are supposed to serve me for 3 years at least
- Good performance overall
- Display - Good 2D capability with the capability to provide the most
accurate and sharp image (if display cards are of matter for this sake)
- Highly reliable ethernet

Proposal 1
-----------
- M.B.: DFI PS83-BL
M.B. Specs:
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro...YPE=MB&SITE=US
- Intel P4 2.8GHz, 512KB Cache / HT 800 MHz
- Geforce 4MX 440 64MB, MF: Innovision (*not integrated on board*)
- Midi Tower 300W
- CDROM (x52) + CDRW (52x32x52), M.F. - Liteon

Proposal 2
-----------
- M.B.: Intel 'Bayfield' Desktop Board D865BGF
MB Specs: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/
- Intel P4 3.0GHz, 1MB Cache / HT 800 MHz
- Extreme Graphics 2 Display Adapter (*integrated on board*)
- Midi Tower 400W
- CDROM (x52) + CDRW (52x32x52), M.F. - LG

Common
All the regular staff, BUT I'm allowed to pick different brands for the
following parts (price being the same):
- Seagate of WD HD 120GB + 8MB Cache (Which is better?)
- 2x256 (512MB Total) Dual Channel DDR/400 MHz. M.F.: Kingston OR Samsong
(Which is better?)

If you like one configuration better, please specify why - I'm already
comfused enough... (-:

THANKS A LOT!!!

Amit