Old February 21st 04, 11:44 PM
iam bennu

Default Help!! Realtek 97 and Audio Editor problems

I just bought a 64bit athlon, a ABIT KV8-MAX3 motherboard with with onboard
Realtek AC97 audio and am running Win2k. It is the best machine I have ever
owned, but I am having a problem trying to run
any audio editing programs. They all just die before opening.
With the audio program CoolEdit, new versions just die and the 96 version
loads and runs buts gives me the message,

"The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the
Capabilities function to determine the supported format."

Whenever I try to listen to anything. I search the web and found a few
people with the same problem with other audio programs, but no answers. Such
as
________________________________

RAD does not work. The following message always appears. What should I do?
"Error: The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use
the capabilities function to determine the supported formats."
First, delete RAD completely and install again. Then, confirm that the
Windows volume control is working. Also check the input device selector in
RA. If no device is shown there, sound driver of Windows should be updated.

Hi, I am having problems using samplitude

I upgraded to windows xp, and although, I can hear sound, and record with
other software, when I use samplitude, after succesfully recording, it says:
cannot open waveform output device SB audigy audio (c400)
Reason: the specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. use
the capabilities function to determine the supported formats.

I have no idea what they are talking about

Thank you for your help
Brian + Reply to this message

A problem with samplitude

I'm guessing it must have somehting to do with the SB being 48 kHz instead
of the standard 44. 1. Maybe new drivers can solve this + Reply to this
message

A problem with samplitude

I am having the same problem , trying to run samplitude with my terratec and
windows xp . Could someone tell me what to do for it. It says the the
specified format not supported every time I try to play anything back