Old October 17th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

Default (OT) Most reliable notebooks and desktops available, last couple of years?

Times change, companies and their products change.

Gimme your top 3 OEM Windows-based notebook and desktop makers. No need to
pontificate beyond a few words if you care to comment at all.

Notebooks:

1) Thinkpads (Corporate; durable, quality build and support)
2) Dell: Corporate/Consumer, best combination of quality/features/value for
the buck
3) ? Toshiba? HP? Sony? Compaq or Gateway? Have no idea.

Desktops:

1) Dell
2) HP
3) Gateway or Sony

Anyone out there who's touched a decent number of recent models by makers
other than Dell? I'm interested to see what opinions are and if any changes
have taken place.

*FYI - my list is based on limited opinion from reading over the years and
from working with different brands. Unfortunately, many of those machines
are older and don't reflect current features and build quality.

Stew