Old August 23rd 05, 04:14 AM
First of One

You just overwrote your current driver with an earlier version. The 4.5.2.3
driver was probably on the Windows installation disc that came preloaded on
your Dell machine.

Remove the drivers through Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs. Download
the latest off nVidia's web site:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_71.89.html (Yes, that's 7.1.8.9, quite
a few releases newer than yours.)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have Riva TNT2 Model 64 on Dell Dimension 4100.
I recently reinstalled XP with SP2.
The display driver installed by XP was 5.6.7.3 dated 4/7/2004.
I clicked on "Update Driver" and XP found and installed new driver.
However, this time the version shows 4.5.2.3 dated 7/23/2003.

I'm confused. Did it go back to the older version or is 5.6.7.3
Microsoft's version for this adapter and is 4.5.2.3 the nVidia's
version?

Which one should I use?

Thanks,
Glenn