Old October 3rd 03, 02:25 PM
Larry L.

Default Quicktime no longer switches TV to full screen

A few drivers ago, QuickTime would switch the TV output to full screen
whenever a .mov was played. A driver update seemed to break this a while
back, but not completely -- by simply navigating to a certain display
property panel, QuickTime would once again control the TV output and switch
it to full screen at the appropriate time (i.e. you wouldn't see the desktop
on the TV, but rather just the movie.)

Now, however, QuickTime no longer takes control of the TV monitor. By
switching between the QuickTime menus the TV will switch to full screen
mode, but the sound synch will be off, and you cannot stop and start the
movie without the TV output returning to desktop view.

Does anybody know if there is a solution to this issue? Windows Media
Player DOES properly switch to full screen mode at the appropriate time, and
TV remains in this mode until WMP is closed. It's just QT that is
problematic. I tried upgrading to the "Pro" version of QT and calling
Apple, but I discovered that they do not offer support for the Windows
version of QT. In other words, they would not help with this issue at all.

Thanks for any assistance with this,

Larry