Old July 5th 03, 07:26 PM
John Smith

I've built 3 and will built another before the year is out. Very pleased
with the board.

"Steve Colburn" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

om...
I'm looking to buy a 2.8GHz 800FSB processor and the P4P800
motherboard. Not sure what I really get with the deluxe version of
the motherboard other then what looks like settings for the FSB down
to 400. Anyway, I had three questions:

1. With memory, am I gaining anying by going with PC3700(DDR466)
memory over the standard PC3200 (DDR400) memory? The cost is about
$100 for a gig.

2. What footprint is this motherboard when I go for a case? Is it a
standard ATX case? I'd reuse my P4B-LS motherboard case, but am
concerned with the power requirements of this motherboard if I did.

3. Is the P4P800 a good motherboard, or would there be a better one I
should be looking at?

Thanks.

JR

Fantastic choice!

1. Unless you are going to overclock, then get the PC3200 - get good

memory though. Corsair XMS is good stuff.

2. Just about any new case will do. It is an ATX mobo. The power supply

issue has been greatly debated here. Get a good one,
safe to say around 350 watt. Unless you have very special needs the 400+

watt ones probably won't do you much. But, get a good
one. Did I say that already?

3. Yes, it is a great mobo. Some folks have had problems, but then some

folks will have problems. That is not a dig at anybody,
it is just the nature of this business. I've built many a system in the

last 10 years, and each time I turn on the power switch for
the first time, I say a prayer!

Don't skimp on parts!

I just built two P4P800 systems - both are rock solid.

Steve