Old September 26th 04, 11:40 PM
Greg I

Glzmo,

Here's a link for you regarding the surround sound problems you're
experiencing in DOOM3:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewto...light=srestart

It looks like a quick way to fix it (until someone decides who's fault it is
and it gets fixed) is to bind a key to the S_restart command.
Whenever your sound goes goofy, just hit the key and it will reset.
I use the Q key as in the example given in the link.
You need to add a binding to your DoomConfig.cfg file in your DOOM3\BASE
directory. Add an entry like this:

bind "q" "S_restart"

Even though I don't have the audio problem you mentioned (I have a Turtle
Beach Santa Cruz card, so maybe it's immune), I still hit the key now and
then just to make sure

Good luck!

-Greg

"Glzmo" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this group yet, so I thought I

might
as well post a link to it.

Download link:

http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...otes&id=33 60

461.2 MB

Doom 3 is better than I expected, at least the levels in the demo and it
plays great with my X800 Pro at 1280x1024 ultra high settings, 4xFSAA and

8x
Anisotropic filtering.

I've got a sound problem, however. My sound cuts out after a few seconds
whenever I enable surround sound in Doom 3 with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2
with 5.1 speaker system. It is also set up that way in the Windows Audio
properties and the creative speaker settings. Disabling this function

works
okay, but there is no positional audio, which is a let down as I heard it
makes the game so much better. I assume this is not ATi related, but has
anybody experienced this nonetheless and is there a fix?