Old September 23rd 04, 08:10 AM
Phil

"Glzmo" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
I haven't seen this posted anywhere in this group yet, so I thought I
might as well post a link to it.

Download link:
http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/inde...otes&id=33 60

461.2 MB

Doom 3 is better than I expected, at least the levels in the demo and it
plays great with my X800 Pro at 1280x1024 ultra high settings, 4xFSAA and
8x Anisotropic filtering.

I've got a sound problem, however. My sound cuts out after a few seconds
whenever I enable surround sound in Doom 3 with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2
with 5.1 speaker system. It is also set up that way in the Windows Audio
properties and the creative speaker settings. Disabling this function
works okay, but there is no positional audio, which is a let down as I
heard it makes the game so much better. I assume this is not ATi related,
but has anybody experienced this nonetheless and is there a fix?

Do you have any EAX features enabled before you run the game?

With my Audigy 2, I have to disable the "Rock" setting on Advanced HQ on the
EAX Control Panel to get EAX2 to work on Battlefield Vietnam. Haven't tried
it on Doom 3, but this may be your problem.