Old June 5th 09, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Jim[_30_]

Default IE7 and Firefox freeze

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:08:18 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article bafd4210-4ae3-430d-afe0-
, shegeek72 says...

On Jun 5, 1:36*am, Conor wrote:

Maybe you've some malware installed. Downlan and run Malwarebytes
Antimalware.

I ran spybot and it only found some tracking cookies- no malware.

For the love of god...

I'm
vigilant about not doing anything that would allow spyware/malware on
my system.

Doesn't matter anymore. Plenty of legitimate sites are being infected
and if you use Windows/MSN/Live Messenger, you can get infected via
that.

Antimalware is subscription based; I'd rather stick to free
SW. Thanks for the suggestion.

There's a free trial.

By all means stick to free but everyone I know who is infected has been
using free AV software.

All my security programs are free ; no infections .