Old June 5th 09, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave[_34_]

Default IE7 and Firefox freeze

"sillyputty" wrote in message
Both IE 7 and Firefox 3.0.10 freeze when I'm on the internet (DSL).
Computer runs fine when I'm offline. I tried reinstalling XP (it had
been a while), installed a new video card (ATI Radeon 3650), removed
sound card and enabled MB integrated audio, updated the wireless
networking card's (D-Link GWL-G510) driver, though it's an old card
and the latest driver I found find was dated 5/28/07. My next step is
to buy a new wireless networking card. Got any other ideas of what
could be causing the freezing?

Something else- I somehow got two Network Connections in Control
Panel. They both display the same info. I thought reinstalling XP
would get rid of one, but they both remained. Thanks.

I'd be shocked if you don't fix the problem by replacing the D-Link wireless
neetworking card. I'd suggest you try a Linksys brand USB adapter
ext. -Dave