Old June 11th 06, 06:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Attn: Jeffrey ...

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
ups.com...

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
How did the pickup go yesturday ? Might be a nice day for a drive to your
neck of the woods

I sent a message back to your gmail ... havent seen any response on that.

- LC

The pickup was a bit of a disappointment. The DL380's are about a month
away from being fully decommissioned. Apparently "for some reason" the
new Dells are not performing quite as well as expected! I have been
promised the machines when they are completely off line (there are
five, of course I couldn't get the specs yet).

The racks were enormous, measuring 80" tall. They had been stripped of
all rails, pdu's and even fans. Because of the size I was forced to
turn them in for scrap steel.

I did get a set of four HP 4100TN lasers that I have fully tested and
found to be in perfect working order. There are four of the smaller
Laserjet 5P printers. I also got eleven very nice Netvista's that range
from 866m up to 966M (perfect workstations for the charity, and a
handful for my tinkering). I got two 21" monitors (both working
perfectly) and one of them is a Compaq!

So, unless you have a need for one of these fast lasers, we will have
to put things on hold for awhile.

Jeff

I am sure either a 5P or 4100TN would be better than the 4PPm LaserJet4P
(circa 1994) that i am currently using ... all the better if there is a
JetDirect card. I know the 5P doesnt natively support networking, but I have
some ethernet to parallel print servers that work nicely. Those racks would
be nothing but scrap to me too. Was hoping for maybe some rails for G1 gear
.... like 360's, 380's, and 6400R's. You have any of that laying about? How
about for storage subsystems ... RA4000's, UE's, U2's, F2's. etc ... ?

Dells not working as expected .... go figure!

Actually, its a bit of a black art to get those things to work well (which,
naturally, I am versed in). Know thy enemy and all that.

- LC