Old May 8th 18, 03:13 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,nl.comp.hardware,nl.telecom
Whiskers

Default hardware questions

"Linea Recta" Wrote in message:
This is about the phone Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.
I got it second hand.
It came with a small mains plug shaped adaptor which connects to the phone
with a USB cable.
This cable has a "normal" USB plug on one side and a mini plug on the other
side.
This cable is very short.
I have a longer cable with the same plugs which seem to fit physically.

- Can I use the other cable safely to connect to the PC and/or to the mains
adaptor?

- Can I connect this phone to my (TomTom) USB car adaptor?

In other words: how universal is USB?

The phone manual warns not to use non-original accessories...

I have interchanged chargers and cables of different makes
without problems, for years. Sometimes a device will pop up a
message about 'slow charging' but it still gets charged
up.

Micro-USB plugs do sometimes work loose, and need to be replaced.
There are many brands of replacement cable, some only work for
charging not for data transfer - that's actually a safety feature
if you're using a public phone-charging point.

--
Whiskers

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/