Old September 29th 03, 05:37 PM

"KILOWATT" wrote:
Hi everyones. Anyone here know why the temperatures readings
from a motherboard can be so imprecise? I have an ASUS
p4p800-vm and even efter the BIOS update from #1005 towards
#1007 it's not more accurate, though the update solved a lan problem.
MB temperature (motherboard?) is shown in the BIOS as 36°C
and CPU temperature "is" 20°C...wow!

Using the latest version of ASUS PC Probe, i can see 36°C for the
MB temperature and 15°C for the CPU! Room temperature is 23°C
at the time i'm writing this. :-) Fans rpm and all voltages "seems" in
range. Beside complaining to ASUS for their poor monitoring harware,
any idea? TIA

I have found that the best and accurate version of Probe is 2.1907

--
..