Old February 15th 04, 02:42 PM
Gary Tait

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:55:52 +1100, "Nick (no dashes)"
wrote:

Michael Picard wrote:
Timex sinclare 1000
"raj" wrote in message

just name your first computer you ever owned, mine was a 286 wit smokin 1
meg of ram 24 meg hardrive lol and one of those new floppy drives lol

Commodore Vic-20.

5k ram, but after it booted you only had 3.5k to actually program

Actally 5.5K The firsk K was system RAM.(you could store and execute
some ML come in there, or use portions of it to store small bits of
data). The user (AKA BASIC) RAM, was 4K, with 512 bytes taken off for
the screen character ram. You also lost some if you wanted to use
custom graphics. There was aslo 1Kx4 bits for colour RAM.

I still have it incidentally,

I have one too, I just need to get a Basic ROM for it.

along with the ZX-81, ZX Speccy, BBC Model
B, Master, Compact and others.