Old May 9th 08, 02:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
[email protected]

Default Hibernate and suspend simply not supported on GA-K8N Pro?

On Thu, 08 May 2008 15:04:34 -0700, Andy wrote:

:On Tue, 06 May 2008 01:49:09 -0700, Andy wrote:
:
::Is this the MDP-130?
:
:The predecessor, the MYHD MDP-120. It's the same, I think, except it
:doesn't decode QAM, which I think means I can't use it with cable (which
:I don't have presently, anyway). It uses the same application for
:recording, timeshifting, etc. I use it with rooftop antennas. It
:supports two antenna connections, although I broke one. Will see if I
:can fix it. Anyway, I've only been using one of the antennas even before
:the other connection broke (which was my fault).
:
o you use the MDP-120 under Windows XP? It works fine under Windows
:2000, but when I tried it with Windows XP, I found that when the
:driver Mdp100_XP.sys is loaded in memory, Windows XP crashes when
:coming out of standby or hibernation.

Yes, under XP. I used to use it under Win2000, also successfully.
However, I wasn't using S3 or hibernation then. Is that driver loaded in
memory even after closing the MyHD application? How can you tell it's
loaded in memory? I have MyHD open right now, live TV. Under Processes
in Task Manager I see MyHD.exe and MyIRC.exe. How would I know if
Mdp100_XP.sys is loaded? If I close MyHD, will it still be loaded? I
haven't so far tried doing S3 or hibernation with MyHD open, don't know
why I'd want to. Now, obviously something is active even when MyHD isn't
open because scheduled recordings proceed. I figured it might be a
service. Do you know? I don't see it in services. If I close MyHD, it
disappears from Processes, but MyIRC.exe remains, which doesn't surprise
me becaue its icon is always there in the tray.

Anyway, I'm no longer getting crashes when coming out of S3. Haven't
tried hibernation, but will.

I had a problem I discovered yesterday being loss of audio through my
Hercules GTXP PCI soundcard/breakout box, which is connected by SPDIF to
my AV receiver. It would happen every time I came out of S3. Sometimes I
still had audio through headphones out of the breakout box, sometimes
not. I did some hunting today and found a more recent driver for the
card, one that is said to address some XP issues and make the card
usable with Vista. After some problems getting the driver to work, I got
it installed OK, recognized in Device Manager, and configured and I no
longer have sound loss, at least the last couple of times out of S3. It
looks like I may have worked through the problem for the most part. I
think the most important factor was the installation of the MST utility
I linked in this thread yesterday.