Old August 12th 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GTS

Default TV_OUT

"8800gtx on my Samsung Plasma" wrote in message
Hey i hook my asus 8800gtx card up to my tv using a DVI cable. I get a
perfect picture and quality is great but one thing.. The size is just a
touch to large. like my desktop is showing up more than my tv can show.
my last card had a option of resizing your desktop for hd mode but this
doesn't have it. i got latest drivers and im stuck

Does your LCD support 1:1 pixel mapping? Typically this would be 1360 * 768.
On my LCD panel connected via DVI to HDMI the Nvidia card auto-detects it,
but chooses something like 1080i or 720p by itself. I just changed the
resolution to 1360*768 and the desktop - and videos - fit perfectly as you
would expect. There is no question that driving the LCD at it's native
resolution will always give the best results, as its not having to upscale
(or downscale) the picture and generally the PC can do a better job of that.
BTW ffdshow can do a really good job of upscaling xvid, divx movies to the
higher resolution.
GTS